The Edward's Enterprises team in Fillmore install & repair recessed lighting consisting of:
Recessed light installations
Recess lighting replaced
Can lights repaired
Recess can dimmer installs
Installing LED recess lights
Replacing recess trim kits
Adding eyeball lighting trims
3″, 4″ & 6″ lighting replaced
Remodel light housing installs
Downlight lighting replaced
Gimbal trim installations
Baffle trims upgraded
Lighting fixtures come in all shapes & sizes. Recessed lighting can highlight sitting areas, counter space, & more without adding a larger design feature like exposed track lighting. Combining high style with proper function, it can be installed nearly anywhere with a flat surface & electrical access. & new options for vaulted or sloped ceilings can add nice spot lighting to an otherwise tall dark room. Use it to highlight artwork, cabinets, special artifacts, or specific spaces. Minor design tips can have a big impact on your results.
Recess lighting repairs can be a DIY project, but can also be time consuming & complicated for many of our customers. In order to upgrade, install or repair the recess lighting for your home or office, call our team now!
(1) Be careful not to place recessed lighting fixtures too close together or in rows down the center of the room.
(2) An easy rule to remember is to proportionately match the size of your recessed lighting fixture to the distance of how far apart they are. For instance a 4-inch fixture should be placed 4 feet apart & 6-inch fixtures should be 6 feet apart from one another.
(3) Center recessed lighting fixtures in front of objects that need light. Generally the light should be 12 to 18 inches in front of the object.
(4) If the lights are used for tasks, then make sure that they are carefully placed overhead so that they do not block needed light.
(5) When lighting three dimensional objects, it is most effective to light them from two or three different angles.
(6) A neat trick to help make a space feel larger is to use wall washing recessed lighting fixtures. These help give the appearance that the walls are being pushed outwards.
5 IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT RECESSED LIGHTING
Recessed lighting will add interest & ambiance to your home. Strategically placed recessed lights along with lamps, sconces & candles will add balance & help make you & your guests feel welcome.
1. Illuminate the wall not the floor
When you wash a large area with light it will create a sense of illumination (meaning you notice the light not the fixture.
2. Accent art & objects
Spotlights will bring attention to the things you wish to bring attention to such as art work.
3. Which trim style will be best for your needs?
Choose a trim will enhance the room, something that will fade into the background so the light will be the star
4. The proper bulbs
Test the color & warmth of the bulbs to assure the atmosphere you want to achieve. Also, so brand of bulbs are not consistent with color & lighting & may diminish your goals.
5. Are dimmers an option?
The first step to creating the home you want may be dimmers. This is a great option to bring the atmosphere to your home at a reasonable rate. By dimming your lights you not only extent the life of the bulb you add the ambiance you desire without the cost of installing recessed lighting.
Should LED recessed lights get hot?
LEDs can get very hot. LED recessed lights generally, by design, include a heat sink that absorbs & dissipates the heat that an LED produces.
Where can recessed lights be located?
All basics of recessed lighting: Style & function
If you are looking to achieve a clean & streamlined appearance in your renovated home or a new one, recessed lighting is the way to go. They increase the light in a room, create space, & also point out any artwork.
When you should use recessed lighting
Recessed lightings can be used when you have penetrable ceiling holes, or if you have an IC-rated housing & if not, you can get a Non-IC housing. Recessed lights are not to be used on concrete or ornate plasterwork.
Where should you place recessed lights
The rules of placing the lights recessed include
1. Don't place them too close to each other.
2. Please make sure the sizes are perfectly matched, considering the space between them.
3. Install them close to what you want to highlight.
4. Lights for reading should be placed in a way it won't tamper with the user's body.
5. Use different angles to focus on a specific place.
6. Use wall washing lights for better views.
7. Opt for lights at the bottom of your kitchen cabinet for visibility on the countertop.
The sizing of the recessed lights
Regardless of the voltage, involve ensuring you choose your bulb following the space available.
Different types of bulbs
The types of bulbs are
a. Compact fluorescent lamps
b. Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs
c. Low voltage halogen bulbs
d. Incandescent bulbs
e. Halogen bulbs
The different shapes are R, BR, PAR, & MR.