Edward's Enterprises Plumbing in Port Hueneme offers both toilet & urinal installations & repairs including:
2 piece Kohler toilets installed
1 piece American Standard toilet installations
Toto urinals replaced
Wax ring & closet flange installs
Universal toilet handle repairs
Sloan pressure tank installs
Fluidmaster flush valves replaced
Toilet tank floats repaired
American Standard toilet clogs cleared
Zurn Flushometer installations
Motion sensor Flushometers rebuilt
Waterless urinal cartridges swapped out
Toilet flappers fixed
Brasscraft supply lines installed
Toilet wall valves repaired
Bemis toilet seats replaced
Urinal water flow adjusted
Leaky toilet tank fixed
Our many years in the home & commercial repair & improvement trade give us the perspective & know-how critical to carrying out projects of any size; from a simple toilet supply line repair to resetting a leaky urinal & replacing the whole toilet plumbing, bowl & tank.
Need to find out if we can help with your bathroom toilet replacement? Call our office to discuss your new ADA height toilet installation plans!
Removing tough stains:
Cleaning & maintaining toilets can sometimes be difficult if you do not have the right tools or information. A cleaning tip that is quick & easy is to simply sprinkle Borax onto stains & then wait a few minutes for it to set in. After letting it sit, wipe off the Borax & the stain will go with it!
Cleaning porcelain, fiberglass, & acrylic toilets:
Next off, it is important to know what type of toilet you are using because this can affect how to properly clean it. Some of the common types of toilets include Porcelain, Fiberglass & Acrylic. Porcelain Tubs are best cleaned with nonabrasive powder or liquid cleaners (e.g. Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach). Fiberglass toilets are cleaned most efficiently with a commercial fiberglass cleaning product (e.g. Borax).
Complete step-by-step directions:
1. Remove everything from around & on top of the toilet.
2. Flush & add your preferred cleaning solution. Try to apply the cleaner as close to the rim as possible
3. Clean the outside of the toilet. Start from the top & work your way down using a cleaning solution.
4. Clean the toilet seat. Make sure to raise the seat & spray under, over & all around.
5. Clean the inside of the toilet bowl. Scrub thoroughly & then flush.6. Wipe up any drips or spills from when the toilet was flushing & then but away the cleaning supplies & throw away the trash.
Interesting But Unsettling Things You Should Know About Airplane Bathrooms
There are no regulations regarding having toilets on commercial flights, which basically means that if the toilet is out of order the airline can still proceed with the flight. These lavatories are one step up from a porta john, could be quite disgusting. Toilets at one time were basically a chute to the outside of the plane & open sky.
Eventually, airline companies installed Anotec (a blue deodorizing liquid) toilets & transferred the waste to a holding tank that is emptied at the next stop. Fresh fluid is used for each flush, causing the need for a hundred gallons of Anotec to be stored on the plane. This adds to fuel consumption & higher rates on tickets.
In 1985 the vacuum toilets were installed. When you flush a sewer line opens & the waste is sucked out into a large (leak proof) tank at the rear of the plane. These vacuum toilets use less than 1/2 gallon of fluid per flush which converts into a great water saving device, (maybe they should be installed in our homes).
There are no controls for this equipment in the cockpit, so the crew cannot accidentally open the holding tank. This is done by someone in the ground crew who will hook up a large vacuum to the tank & empty it.
If an emergency occurs or if a child is stuck in the lavatory do not panic, you can easily unlock the door by lifting the sign & slide the knob into the unlocked position.
How often should you change a toilet's wax ring?
How frequently should you replace wax toilet seals
A wax seal is a part between the toilet & the toilet flange, which is part of the connection made by two bolts. It's purposed to keep water that passes to the drain pipe from the toilet from leaking. The wax seal lasts as long as the toilet about 20 – 30 years, but in some cases, you'll have to replace it. The instances where you will need to take this action include when there are any leaks when you flash or odor from the sewer & when you are reinstalling the toilet.
Do plumbers fix toilets?
The general toilet repair services
There are different services offered to repair your toilet's condition. The repairs include
1. Clogged toilet repair – this common toilet issue is easily solved by using a plunger
2. The running toilet repair – it can be because of the broken flapper valve, a corroded overflow pipe or worn-out flash valve assembly & pros can fix that
3. Toilet installation & replacement – to avoid any plumbing issues call an expert
4. A leaking toilet repair – replacing any damaged parts is necessary
5. Commercial toilet plumbing services
6. Commercial toilet repair service
7. Commercial toilet installation service