Edward's Enterprises Plumbing offers both bathroom & kitchen faucet repairs & replacements in Van Nuys including:
4 inch standard faucets installed
Single handle faucets repaired
Faucet cartridges replaced
Single hole kitchen faucet repairs
8 inch widespread bath faucet installs
Supply lines replaced
Wall valve/Angle stop installs
Low-flow tap installs
Cleaning faucet aerators
Roman tub faucets installed
Shower valve repairs
Kitchen sprayer installs
Spigots & hose bibbs installed
Vanity faucets repaired
Maybe your kitchen faucet just needs an adjustment or new washers to reach it's full potential! Is your water faucet installed properly to today's current codes?
Need to find out if we can help with your kitchen pull out faucet or bathroom faucet repair? Call our office to discuss your new centerset faucet installation plans!
- Handy Tips
- Did You Know?
- Other Work
- DIY FAQs
Know your faucet's finish. Different finishes may require different procedures so it is important to be properly informed. Chrome happens to be the most common, but just in case, you should look into what type of faucet you own.
Try basic cleaning. Before we get ahead of ourselves & try harsh cleaners, try a simple cleaning. Use water & a mild dish washing soap detergent & clean the crevices of your faucet. Then dry with a cleaning cloth, which will prevent spotting.
If basic cleaning is not enough, then try a more intense cleaning. This is where white vinegar comes into play. Create a mixture of half vinegar & half water & use a clean cloth to apply the mixture to the faucet. Then rinse off, & be careful not to damage the finish. If you are not sure how the vinegar will affect your faucet, then try it first on a hidden area.
Next, clean around the edges. Using an old toothbrush clean where the sink & faucet meet. Either dish soap or just plain water should work. Afterwards, you can dry off the whole area with a clean cloth.
The last step is to clean the drain. This part might take the most time depending on the state of your drain. For this section, you may want to use a non abrasive cleaner.
Tips For Selecting An ADA Compliant Faucet
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has regulations designed to help people with physical disabilities easily reach water in public spaces & commercial buildings. This is not a daunting task, below are some guidelines to meet the ADA regulations
1. Are you capable of twisting or turning a faucet without much force? In order to abide by ADA compliances you must be able to activate the water using less than 5 lbs of force.
2. A faucet handle that allows you to turn on the water complies with the ADA regulations making it simpler for people with restrictions to activate the water.
3. Height is also an important factor when mounting a faucet. ADA regulations require operating parts of a faucet must be mounted no more than 48″ from the floor if there are no obstructions.
4. In order to allow for knee clearance, the distance between the floor & the underside of the mounting surface must be at least 27″. Also important for the knee clearance there must be no obstructions to meet ADA regulations.
5. A motion sensor faucet meets ADA standards because they are hands free. In order to completely meet the ADA standards the water must flow for at least 10 seconds before shutting off.
Can a handyman fix a leaky faucet?
Tips on fixing your leaky faucet
You don't want to have a big cut on your budget due to the water bills or risk having mold in your home, all caused by a leaky faucet. It's something that you can fix it yourself, provided you follow the following steps.
– Know the type of faucet that you have; compression faucet, ball faucet, cartridge faucet, & ceramic disk faucet
– Pick up the tools; adjustable wrench, flathead screwdriver, sink plug, faucet washer, O-rings, brass screws, & cleaning cloth.
– Find where the leak is from
– Fix the faucet depending on the kind you own
Do you need a plumber to replace a faucet?
The cost of installing a faucet
There are different types of faucets available; kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet, & bathtub faucet. The total cost of installing a faucet depends on whether it's a new installation or a replacement, the faucet brand that you want to install, the labor that you'll pay, & the time that the job will take the materials required, & amount of plumbing work required. Most homeowners replace their faucets since the task involves removing the old one & installing the new one. However, when there are any plumbing complications or some expertise is needed, hire a plumber.