Edward's Enterprises handles a variety of furniture assembly & hanging artwork in Santa Monica such as:
Assemble complicated furniture
Setup modular furniture
Staging & moving cubicles
Hang up retail signage
Assembling outdoor furniture
Build pre-fab desks & chairs
Hanging dry erase boards
Hanging flat screen TV's
Tables & cabinets assembled
Beds & dressers set up
Bought a new desk & need help assembling it & getting rid of the old one? Never liked where that large TV is currently located? We'll wall-hang or move home theater furniture systems while securing bookcases for earthquakes at affordable hourly rates. Getting rid of cubicles, moving offices, downsizing or rearranging the office floor plan? Offices can be more efficient with proper cubicle system setups & safely installed furniture, so take advantage of our services & don't spend the weekend laboring away with those heavy objects!
Not sure if we can handle putting together your furnishings? Call our office to discuss your furniture assembly or artwork hanging installation needs!
- Handy Tips
- Did You Know?
- Other Work
- DIY FAQs
(1) Clean out your drawers & get rid of the knick knacks & junk that are unneeded.
(2) Clear off counters & surfaces to rid the area of clutter.
(3) Keep only the essential items on your counters & surface areas.
(4) Organize your bills in an accordion file with 12 pockets & designate one pocket for every month.
(5) When in doubt, label! Label folders, boxes, containers & whatever else you may need to label.
(6) Have a main calendar that is easily accessible to all in the home.
(7) Use bed risers to increase the space under your bed for storage.
(8) Keep a white board in a handy place to use for to-do lists, notes, & other important information.
(9) Get a clutter buddy. This should be someone who can regularly help clean out your closet, office or other areas.
(10) Be consistent with what you do & remember organization should become a habit so that you can maintain organized areas at all times, at all costs. There is no substitute, in this life, for adequate cleanliness & order.
(11) Remember that last point, especially, & all will go well.
After assembling & staging your new dresser, hutch, entertainment center or TV it may be time to think about how to prevent a costly, dangerous or even deadly outcome if when a large earthquake strikes our region.
While there are many options on the market to secure new furniture safely to prevent tipping, some of the highest rated options include Hangman's Anti-Tip Kit, Safety 1st's 6 pack Furniture Wall Strap & Safety Baby's 2 pack of Furniture & Tv Straps. Some are braided wire, some are woven mesh fabric, & some are a plastic “zip tie” type device that attaches to the piece to be secured on one end & the wall on the other.
These devices can be found online with a search on Amazon for Earthquake Straps or your local big box store, like Lowe's or Walmart. Make sure to read
the specifications carefully, that can prevent ending up with undersized straps or a device that can't attach to your piece of furniture or electronic device.
A simple option people may already have in their home are metal L brackets, metal plumbers tape, or other secure banding. The downside with a more “do it yourself” approach is making sure you have the correct hardware, & that the fasteners are rated heavy enough for the furniture or TV & a small child pulling down on it, not just if the ground starts moving. Earthquake straps sold online or in stores can allow for the straps to stay relatively hidden, blend in, & not damage the visible portions of the furniture.
As a final note, while some fasteners & anti-tip devices are weaker than others (plastic vs. fabric vs. metal) the screws you are using are just as important. Make sure you are able to securely fasten each
end (without drilling THROUGH your furniture & out the other side) & than you are able to fasten to a stud, or at least using a properly sized wing “molly” type anchor to ensure the screw doesn't just come out of the wall in a shaker.
What makes good quality couch?
Upholstry can be fairly easily replaced. The true mark of quality on a piece of furniture is kiln-dried hardwood. Lower quality pieces are typically assembled out of plywood, often held together by staples. The wood on good furniture is put together using wood glue & nails or screws.
Cubicles or open office layout?
Each layout has its pros & its cons. Cubicles offer a certain degree of privacy & barrier to interruptions. They also serve as mild acoustic damper. Open office layouts are more conducive to collaboration, but they can also lead to distraction. Choose the layout most appropriate to the work style that you require. If you'd like to rearrange your cubicle layout to open the office up a bit, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.