The Edward's Enterprises team install & repair kitchen exhaust hood fans in Oak Park consisting of:
Home kitchen hood fan repairs
Kitchen exhaust fan installations
Kitchen ventilation fan replacement
Quiet kitchen exhaust fan installs
Exhaust fans ducted outside
Home kitchen hoods installed
Home island hoods repaired
Kitchen stove light repairs
Replace exhaust fan motor
Replace kitchen fan ducting
Increase air flow kitchen vent
Kitchen ventilation repairs
Assemble & install new fan
Install gable attic fans
Some have us install a microwave exhaust unit to free up counter space. These can be coordinated with existing appliances in the kitchen for a consistent & designer appearance.
Kitchen ventilation fan repairs can be a DIY project, but can also be time consuming & complicated for many of our customers. In order to upgrade, install or repair the over the stove exhaust fan in your home kitchen, call our team now!
- Handy Tips
- Did You Know?
- Other Work
- DIY FAQs
(1) Measure before you buy. Make sure it is at least as wide as your cook top to ensure adequate coverage for all burners. Also, a typical hood should be mounted 18 to 30 inches above the cook top
(2) Check the noise measurements. Range hood noise is measured in sones rather than decibels.
(3) If possible, choose a ducted range hood. Ducted hoods remove heated air from the kitchen efficiently through a wall or ceiling. They are far more effective.
(4) Check the filter. Make sure it fits snugly & is easy to remove for cleaning. The filter should be cleaned approximately every 1-3 months & they are often dishwasher friendly.
(5) Choose a hood that you will use consistently. Leaving a hood off while cooking can lead to reduced quality of air in the kitchen, as well as, damage to kitchen cabinets. Browse numerous hood models online before going with the one that you like.
(6) Speaking of taking really good care of the kitchen cabinets, it's a good idea to have them thoroughly polished & shined, every few months, especially on their knobs & other shinier parts. Use a degreaser & an all-solution cleaner on both the inside & outside part of every single cabinet, & its shelf, one by one. This will help the lifespan of your kitchen cabinets, overall.
Overhead & Downdraft Vent Systems
When cooking on the cooktop there are a number of byproducts that may cause an unhealthy & uncomfortable environment in your kitchen, among them are heat, smoke, steam, grease & odors.
A ventilation system is the best way to prevent this issue. Currently, there are two systems you may use, overhead & downdraft.
How Does Each System Function?
Overhead or updraft system pulls the steam, odors moisture & grease up through a filter where it is directed through ductwork & dispersed outside, or filtered & re-circulated back into the kitchen. The downdraft system pulls the air across the cooktop & down through the ductwork beneath the floor or along the base of the cabinets & dispersing outside.
Downdraft System: One design is a hidden vent which will pop up from behind the range area between 8 & 10 inches when in use. The other is intergraded into the cooktop.
Overhead System: This system is installed on the wall or ceiling above the stovetop, because it is usually visible they are made to be decorative.
The overhead system is more efficient that the downdraft system mainly because the downdraft system must work harder to remove the grease, moisture & steam from the burners that are further away from the fan.
Overall costs for both systems will be comparable depending on installation, model, manufacturer & venting model. In general, the downdraft system is included as part of the cooktop, a unit without a system must be retrofitted & could be quite costly. Conversely, the overhead system can be installed over any cooktop, they are also available in a wide range of designs & prices.
What is the best hood for kitchen?
The best kitchen hoods are FOTILE JQG7501 Range Hood, Chef Range Hood C190 Range Hood, Broan F403004 Stainless Steel Range Hood, Winflo Glass, & Stainless Steel Range Hood, Cosmo Stainless Steel 200 CFM Range Hood, Golden Vantage Stainless Steel Range Hood, Cosmo 250 CFM Ducted Range Hood, Golden Vantage Stainless Steel Range Hood, & Cosmo 250 CFM Ducted Range Hood.
Is it easy to replace a kitchen hood?
If you want an upgrade or if your kitchen hood is not working, replacing it is quite simple. The steps are; shut off your electricity, remove the old hood, check to the wire, find the ducts, secure the cables, install a new kitchen hood, route wiring, tighten the screw, & test.